OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Sports and Gambling (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Free Sports betting kindle books (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=24961)

UselessBettor 8th September 2012 02:12 PM

Free Sports betting kindle books

I mentioned about how there were some free kindle books on offer every so often. I have just noticed there is one available today

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...kstore_1_6_last

The book is called Sports Betting for Profit.

These are usually only available for 24-48 hours so download it quick.

Lord Greystoke 8th September 2012 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
I mentioned about how there were some free kindle books on offer every so often. I have just noticed there is one available today

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestseller...kstore_1_6_last

The book is called Sports Betting for Profit.

These are usually only available for 24-48 hours so download it quick.

Probably the best tip I have received in here for some time.

Thanks UB.

LG

moeee 8th September 2012 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
Probably the best tip I have received in here for some time.

As you sow - shall you reap.

I believe that anything worth anything is made available via other methods than Public Forums.
Private emails have contained the best information for me.
And subscriptions of course.

Barny 8th September 2012 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee

Gee, I wish I could get private emails ..... maybe that's why I'm so unsuccessful.

Lord Greystoke 8th September 2012 05:30 PM

Quote:
As you sow - shall you reap.

I believe that anything worth anything is made available via other methods than Public Forums.
And subscriptions of course.

Nice one, bubbles.

How do you know I don't get private emails too?

In retrospect, it's the combination of the two being private(1-2-1 conversations) & public(multi-inputs) which provides the best information/value for me.

I'll drop in my thought from the other evening again, for good measure...

Best bet in the house...
“The power of human thought grows exponentially with the number of minds that share that thought.” - Dan Brown
Hence, the leverage potential of most things social media - including a racing forum, perhaps?

Cheers LG

Barny 8th September 2012 05:41 PM

Quote:
Best bet in the house...
“The power of human thought grows exponentially with the number of minds that share that thought.” - Dan Brown

What about individual thought, you know the one that proved the world wasn't flat ?, as opposed to the shared thought that the world was flat ?!

The Ocho 8th September 2012 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
What about individual thought, you know the one that proved the world wasn't flat ?, as opposed to the shared thought that the world was flat ?!

Or the shared thought that the carbon tax will save mankind. :rolleyes:

Barny 8th September 2012 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
Or the shared thought that the carbon tax will save mankind. :rolleyes:

Dont know who you hang out with The Ocho, but the carbon tax doing anything positive is certainly not a shared thought from where I come from. As a matter of fact I'm just about to light a rather large bonnie and burn junk including chipboard. Now that's naughty !!!!!

The Ocho 8th September 2012 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barny
Dont know who you hang out with The Ocho, but the carbon tax doing anything positive is certainly not a shared thought from where I come from. As a matter of fact I'm just about to light a rather large bonnie and burn junk including chipboard. Now that's naughty !!!!!

That's exactly what you SHOULD be allowed to do in your own backyard if you want to - just not next to me though.

I don't hang out with anyone but just think the madness of doing something that will achieve absolutely nothing for the planet is a bit silly, that's all. The planet's been warming since the ice age FFS.

"Global warming started long before the "Industrial Revolution" and the invention of the internal combustion engine. Global warming began 18,000 years ago as the earth started warming its way out of the Pleistocene Ice Age"

****** are we doing? Sheer lunacy.

moeee 8th September 2012 06:46 PM

Quote:
“The power of human thought grows exponentially with the number of minds that share that thought.”

Back in 1939 there were an exponential number of minds that grew to share a thought.
That thought was an abomination from Hades.
Because 99 out of 100 agree , it doesn't makes it right.

Barny 8th September 2012 07:21 PM

[QUOTE=The Ocho]That's exactly what you SHOULD be allowed to do in your own backyard if you want to - just not next to me though.

QUOTE]

I live in the country, not the Metro area.

Lord Greystoke 8th September 2012 07:58 PM

Quote:
Back in 1939 there were an exponential number of minds that grew to share a thought.
That thought was an abomination from Hades.
Because 99 out of 100 agree , it doesn't makes it right.

OK so 2 points from me then I exit this thread for good, if not just bc it was initiated with regards a completely different topic: being free stuff from Kindle which is of some value to like minded punters!

1. Just bc we share thoughts does not of itself mean we are stamping out ourselves as individuals(or being stamped out: cue Winston Smith in 1984) Nor does it mean we loose our ability to make up our own minds, form our own judgements, come up with new ideas or do what we see fit with something that is shared.

2. Without a 'meeting of the minds', we have nothing by way of meaningful innovation - remember that each 'mind' is an individual but achieves superior leverage when combined(or combining itself) with others: preferably a mix of different talents, perspective, preferences, thoughts, feelings, motives,skill levels and experience. For some of us, this may be the only way (or most powerful method) to achieve 'great things'.

Brainstorm over, i'm off for another shiraz (hic)

LG

PS I will leave the 1939 angle to you. Far too important to 'throw around' in a forum like this and not of particular relevance to finding free stuff on kindle !

UselessBettor 15th September 2012 07:26 PM

Another free kindle book

Just found another kindle book that is free.

I'll keep posting these as I find them.

http://www.amazon.com/Statistical-A...+racing+systems

I have not read it yet so can't pass any judgement on its usefulness. On the whole I have found most of the kindle books are regurjitated stuff but occcassionally there is a good one.

Not sure how long it will be free but usually at least 24 hours.

The Ocho 15th September 2012 07:38 PM

Thanks UB. :)

UselessBettor 15th September 2012 07:44 PM

Quote:
Just found another kindle book that is free.

I'll keep posting these as I find them.

http://www.amazon.com/Statistical-A...+racing+systems

I have not read it yet so can't pass any judgement on its usefulness. On the whole I have found most of the kindle books are regurjitated stuff but occcassionally there is a good one.

Not sure how long it will be free but usually at least 24 hours.

I've had a quick glance through this and its very similar to something I just reviewed and found to be a big loser. Looks like a rehash of the method with a few subtle variations. Personally I would be very wary of using this system as it includes a martingale staking plan to overcome a losing situation (betting favs). Still had a few good things in there which I'll go back and reread and test out.

I give it a 2/5 if you ask me and that is mainly for the information it provides before actually presenting the system.

Luxinterior 15th September 2012 08:01 PM

Thanks UB for the review.
2/5 rating and a martingdale staking plan means i'll steer clear of this one.

The Ocho 15th September 2012 11:35 PM

Am I wrong?

I'm just having a bit of a read of that book myself and I reckon his stats are a bit iffy (not that I'm a mathmateece).

He reckons faves win around 30% of the time (granted) but then he goes on about using martingale based totally on the 30% average however he then says not to bet anything under $1.90.

Maybe I'm wrong but if you exclude the odds-on faves then surely the 30% strike rate would come down heaps - surely to even less than 20% thereby making his system based on a 30% strike rate as useless.

Lucky I only paid $0.00 for that one.

Chrome Prince 16th September 2012 12:35 AM

If you eliminate anything under $1.90, then the strike rate is 29.31%, but the loss is 13.91%

If you only take anything under $1.90, then the strike rate is 55.09%, but the loss is 10.63%.

If one were to martingale for fun, then it would be far better to take odds on favourites given the strike rate, and try and get the best odds possible.

The Ocho 16th September 2012 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrome Prince
If you eliminate anything under $1.90, then the strike rate is 29.31%, but the loss is 13.91%

If you only take anything under $1.90, then the strike rate is 55.09%, but the loss is 10.63%.

If one were to martingale for fun, then it would be far better to take odds on favourites given the strike rate, and try and get the best odds possible.

29.31% S/R - Really? Well there you go. Shows how much I know. :oops:

UselessBettor 3rd October 2012 06:29 AM

Another book in there at the moment called "beat the odds". Not sure how long it will be free though.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...oding=UTF8&tf=1

Thoguht I would let everyone know.

I have not read it yet.

The Ocho 3rd October 2012 07:35 AM

Thanks UB. :)

Lord Greystoke 3rd October 2012 10:16 AM

Hmmm...

"...invest less often in higher quality investments"

Has he reading your book then, UB?

LG

UselessBettor 3rd October 2012 05:17 PM

Quote:
Hmmm...

"...invest less often in higher quality investments"

Has he reading your book then, UB?

LG

lol that is good advice. I'll give it a read tonight.

UselessBettor 3rd October 2012 08:59 PM

Quote:
Another book in there at the moment called "beat the odds". Not sure how long it will be free though.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-...oding=UTF8&tf=1

Thoguht I would let everyone know.

I have not read it yet.

I glanced through it tonight as its a fairly large book. Much larger then I expected. It looks like an average book. He just tries lots of gambling techniques and writes what he thinks about the method.

Bhagwan 6th October 2012 04:54 AM

If that Carbon Tax is supposed to be about encouraging energy users to use energy that has a lower carbon foot print .

Then why does Tasmania have to pay Carbon Tax on electricity, where that State uses Hydro Electricity with almost zero carbon foot print?

Why is it so?

Lord Greystoke 6th October 2012 07:36 AM

Death and taxes, son.

LG