OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Equal Fav Question (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=27699)

Puntz 19th December 2013 03:55 PM

Equal Fav Question

Sometimes on screen we see 2 or 3 horses's prices either become Equal Favorites or close to being equal. They may jump around a bit one surpassing the other or what not.

Question is, how far apart number wise would be a general rule of thumb where it's EF or just off an EF race ?

For example, if Horse 1 is showing 2.50 and Horse 2 is showing 2.80,
that's 30 cents apart. One can assume they are "Equal Favorites"
At what point can it not be regarded as EF's ?
It can show sometimes to be the 3.80.s and 4.10's

Percentages would be fine to if anyone uses percentages rather than plain numbers.

Thanks

darkydog2002 19th December 2013 05:39 PM

I personally use the Fixed price Fav rather than the SP which can change even in running.

aussielongboat 19th December 2013 05:47 PM

its difficult to answer and is the archilles heal to a lot of post race systems that rely on the favourite being in or out of the selection filter.
i have seen tab odds change after the race has been decided.

sure they say - "just back the favourite from an inside barrier that blah blah..."

(un)fortunately its not that easy in practice.

Puntz 19th December 2013 06:05 PM

Yeap,
I think a short answer is Form, let one' own Form data/methods be a deciding factor rather than a horse being hyped into it.
Or as Darky mentions, the Fixed odds.

My thoughts to aussielongboat, archilles heal.

or, skip the race all together.

Rinconpaul 19th December 2013 06:19 PM

Pigeons I call em. If you research them over a long period, some unique properties are revealed, of the Edge kind. In my system it's <= $0.30.

Lord Greystoke 19th December 2013 07:28 PM

One thing I noticed.. where the Fav looks a bit like a 'floppy fish' and there are 2 pigeons standing next in line, similar result. Haven't got the stats to back it up - just observations here and there. Perhaps somebody else had spotted the dodgy kipper? ;)

LG

Puntz 19th December 2013 09:03 PM

It's been there always LG

For what it's worth, I call them "Jumpin Jacks"

Lord Greystoke 20th December 2013 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puntz
It's been there always LG

For what it's worth, I call them "Jumpin Jacks"
Fair enough guv. "Jumpin Jacks" it is.. care to share the reason why?

LG

Puntz 20th December 2013 10:38 AM

LG, ever stepped on a 3 corner jack (botanical name: Tribulus terrestris )
bare footed ? ouch !

Well, what if these Tribulus terrestris, ( 3 corner jacks) kept jumping at ya, just like these equal favs. from one price update to another.
Bet on one, it loses, bet on the other, it loses to, bet on both, the third fav. wins.
See ? 3 corner jacks that jump...."jumping jacks"

Lord Greystoke 20th December 2013 10:58 AM

yes I have puntz. ouch!

However - thought your term related to the false fav as opposed to the equal fav. I will stick with floppy fish = false fav then!

Cheers LG