OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums

OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/index.php)
-   Horse Race Betting Systems (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Lucky Dip A, B or C (http://forums.ozmium.com.au/showthread.php?t=25580)

Vortech 22nd November 2012 07:29 AM

Lucky Dip A, B or C

If a Salesman knocked on your door and offered the following; which would you be more tempered to buy. All products tested over 5 years

Product A: System with 12 rules; 60 Bets; Return of $80

Product B: System with 8 rules; 300 Bets; Return of $320

Product C: System with 4 rules; 2400 Bets; Return of $2420

Assume the rules have some logic.

kiwiz 22nd November 2012 07:41 AM

Assuming the bet size is the same in all 3 products I would find Product A the most attractive

UselessBettor 22nd November 2012 07:54 AM

None. There is not enough information provided at all.

a) Not enough bets. Most likely backfitted.
b) Not enough bets. Likely to be backfitted. Profit too small.
c) profit too small. Profit likely to just be the result of random variance.

Lord Greystoke 22nd November 2012 07:54 AM

Product C - might be a good base system on which to build more of my own.

Would get him to explain, present, sell C to me 1st and then ask him where do I sign, and when he gets out the pen... ask him to throw in Product A as a bonus (entertainment value given low no. of bets) Or NO DEAL.

You did ask?

LG

Lord Greystoke 22nd November 2012 08:02 AM

PS to previous post....

PS if he was clever, salesman might already have this as an option for any 2 combinations of systems but offer the second 'bonus' at 50% to clinch the deal - condition being I sign up here and now (and ring 'the boss' in the appointment to get 'authorisation' for the 50% discount).

Hmmm.. I might use this one myself! But only if I have a very good 'system' to sell and my only objective is to help someone take immediate action for a positive outcome, as opposed to think about it, ponder, do nothing until someone comes along with a crap system and then fall for it = sign up, pay thru the nose for a lemon!

kiwiz 22nd November 2012 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiz
Assuming the bet size is the same in all 3 products I would find Product A the most attractive

Also assuming the cost of all 3 products are the same ;)

Vortech 22nd November 2012 08:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UselessBettor
None. There is not enough information provided at all.

a) Not enough bets. Most likely backfitted.
b) Not enough bets. Likely to be backfitted. Profit too small.
c) profit too small. Profit likely to just be the result of random variance.

I'm trying to gather ideas around peoples thoughts on reducing profit on turnover over reducing filters

Another example
If you have 10,000 bets and made $1000 profit with 8 rules

Or if you had 25,000 bets and made $1000 profit with 6 rules.

Would you prefer the same return on investment with less rules or more interested in POT

Lord Greystoke 22nd November 2012 08:51 AM

Less is more.

Simplicity = less rules suggests the system has more soundness to it.

Complexity = more rules suggests backfitting, lack of foundation = certainty over the longer term

3 rules wins for me.

The selling point for an initial investment into a system with few rules & minimal / moderate POT (depending on your viewpoint) might be that I have a good chance of NOT loosing 75%+ of my wagers = ongoing 'investments' over the longer term -This being a challenge that 95%+ of punters have to contend with?

Throw in the entertainment = high POT systems for free OR do it the other way around.

Cheers LG

AngryPixie 22nd November 2012 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortech
If a Salesman knocked on your door and offered the following; which would you be more tempered to buy. All products tested over 5 years

Product A: System with 12 rules; 60 Bets; Return of $80

Product B: System with 8 rules; 300 Bets; Return of $320

Product C: System with 4 rules; 2400 Bets; Return of $2420

Assume the rules have some logic.

None. Firstly salesman would also need to provide the average starting price of all selections for each product. There's not enough information to work out your advantage.

Vortech 22nd November 2012 09:22 AM

This Salesman would throw you a couple of balloons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Greystoke
Less is more.

Simplicity = less rules suggests the system has more soundness to it.

Complexity = more rules suggests backfitting, lack of foundation = certainty over the longer term

3 rules wins for me.

The selling point for an initial investment into a system with few rules & minimal / moderate POT (depending on your viewpoint) might be that I have a good chance of NOT loosing 75%+ of my wagers = ongoing 'investments' over the longer term -This being a challenge that 95%+ of punters have to contend with?

Throw in the entertainment = high POT systems for free OR do it the other way around.

Cheers LG