Thread: Staking Plea
View Single Post
Old 31st March 2006, 09:49 PM

LOL. Classic.

Crash what you wrote there is true given that you don't hit a losing period that drops you below your bank, because if it does, then you're 2% starts to send you down more quickly. I know it begins to become 2% of lesser amounts but it still drops more quickly.

It's bipolar betting because when you're winning your bank goes up more quickly, but as soon as losers are struck you give back the winnings more quickly. That's what I mean by it being bipolar betting. You ride huge highs during times of profit, and give it all back astoundingly quickly when you're losing.

To prove the point, I've done up a little file, herein attached. It simulates a 10,000 bet series on a system with a win s/r of 25% and a win dividend of $4.20. It then has three pretty coloured sections showing how a 1% increasing/reducing would go, a 2% increasing reducing and a 3%. In sheet2 of the workbook, the progress of your betting bank (started at $1000) is shown. You'll see in the graphs exactly what I mean by bipolar punting in these graphs.

Enjoy, I'm off to my bird flu quarantine shelter now, down there in quarantine with Jardine's Lookout who is here in preparation for the Melbourne Cup (won't he ever quit!).

--- OK, unfortunately the file was too big, so I've brought it down to 6500 sample and here it is.