View Single Post
Old 19th May 2013, 11:00 AM

Hi All

Many good points raised so far in this thread discussion which was exactly what I wanted to see. It would appear that many on this forum have a diverse and unique set of skills which when employed mean that we all approach the art of form and betting differently.

I wanted to elaborate further on a few points raised this far.

UselessBettor commented
Quote:
"Horse racing is associated with higher risk so people think that means they will get rich quick".

I agree totally. Whilst it is true that on face value more risk exists in betting v traditional investment mediums, it is also true that the returns that can be generated from betting eclipse those from traditional investing simply because you can invest more capital frequently punting than you can investing.

Mark has strong views which in the main I agree with although they are a little all or nothing.

In summing up I feel that armed with the necessary tools and knowledge, the things that bring about failure for most punters namely, fundamentally flawed strategy, mistakes associated with execution, self discipline/management etc can all be corrected through sound betting education and understanding. In other words the mindset, level of knowledge and skill required to be a long term winning punter can be learnt.

Paul Daily - Ratings2Win Pty Ltd (Director)
R2W Axis - Axis is Australia's leading horse racing software and database; with sophisticated form analysis tools and accurate performance ratings that include Hong Kong.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/