View Single Post
Old 11th September 2012, 07:00 PM

Default What's the catch?

Hi guys and girls, first post here but I've been lurking for a couple of months, thanks for all the information and the odd argument or two lol. It gets a bit heated here too I see!

I'm a complete newbie and haven't had a serious punt since my old man used to take my pocket money off me on a Saturday afternoon 40 years ago but thought I'd make a bit of a hobby out of it as I've always loved the horses.

I started a couple of accounts about 3 months ago, one place, one win and so far it hasn't been too bad but I'd say it's more luck than judgement as they are both well up (we're talking $5 bets guys lol).

I've taken a lot of advice from around here as far as staking is concerned and don't chase losses and stick to my percentages but I'd like to know what is the catch with lay betting?

I've only just got my head around lay betting as it's a totally new concept to me and I realise if you don't stay disciplined you could really do your butt and the whole account but surely it aint that hard to pick a loser AND get your bet matched if you're not too greedy. Am I way off course or missing something?