View Single Post
Old 17th November 2013, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof43
to follow on-
Generally speaking if you look at long term results of even money chances, intuitively one thinks that they get closer and closer to "equipartition" as the number of events increase. Although it seems correct, it is wrong.

As the number of events increases, deviation from equipartition increases, while the deviation as a percentage of the number of trials decreases.

This "decreasing percentage" becomes very important in your quest for consistent $$$$'s profits

woof,

Can you elaborate a bit more. I get the idea of equipartition but I don't understand your statement that the deviation from equiparition increases ?

I assume your saying as the more races we bet on the more different types of results we are going to get therefore increasing the distribution of prices around the average return. At the same time because of the distribution above and below this average return the actual deviation away from the average is going to get smaller and smaller as one result has less impact on the average return ?

Did I get this right or am I completely wrong.