View Single Post
Old 5th June 2013, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
Post number 20:
I myself am achieving 37% Strike rate which is WAY above your efforts , but is actually deceptive as I am in fact losing at LOT -3.9% at TAB Starting Prices.

Post number 23:
I would never have the desire , nor the aloofness to think that I am capable or have the knowledge to rate every single race run .......
I choose to stick with my Home State and also only a limited number of races.

That is a wise and level headed approach Moeee, however in Post 20, you are comparing our over all rating performance to your system/selection method results, so yes it is deceptive. There is a distinct difference between RATINGS and SELECTIONS. If you want to compare selection methods then use the Favourites Thread that you already mentioned. There the Strike rate is 46.4% with a positive 4.63 POT, which just incidentally is WAY above your results.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moeee
Perhaps a good idea might be to post the POT beside these Strike rates as you do on the FAVOURITES Thread?
The POT question is quite irrelevant when it comes to overall rating performance. As stated previously there is a distinct difference between RATING and SELECTIONS; since we don’t advocate blindly betting in every race, something echoed by yourself, then adding POT to the RATINGS results would be disadvantageous misinformation. The POT is relevant in the Favourite system SELECTION method and as such it is given there.

The Strike rate for RATINGS is relevant because it shows the accuracy of the rating to predict the winner on top or in top 3. The higher the accuracy the greater the level of success you can expect with your chosen SELECTIONS and the less fluctuation you will experience. Not only that; developing selection methods based on a solid rating will make it easier to create systems that will continue to work long-term.

We are quite proud of the Profit On Turnover results of our ratings and should someone who would want to compare their current commercial ratings performance to ours, want to include POT then we will be more then happy to give that information. Provided the comparison is done on like-for-like long term basis, and not over some fitted sample size or selection method then the POT has some relevance.

Of course this last statement is loaded, we are more than aware of our competitors ratings and POT performance.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/