View Single Post
Old 19th July 2013, 11:25 AM

Further to my post yesterday. One of the issues when it comes to punting is the mental capability of punters to deal with a setbacks and wins. Not handling either situation can lead to a disastrous end. That is why I said to err on the side of caution and if the horse looks like being a fave or equal fave then it is better to bet; that way you are not going to have to deal with the pain of missing a winner, which is far harder to deal with (IMO) then a loosing bet.

Our Axis software is geared to only have one Favourite; as a result we won't be claiming The Last General's win in our results, (LOL what else is new) but the money is safely in the bag. It's just one of those swings and roundabouts I was talking about.

A sign of a good system is the ability to absorb some punishment, looking at selections that are equal fave is one such punishment. When I ran the equal fave scenario over all our data the POT is nearly the same, there is about 200 more selections and our strike rate drops only 0.4%. This is great news, mainly because the prices on horses in races where the market is divided are more generous and great outcomes can be achieved; $6.5 for the race favourite is luxurious. So while the sterile results of our test don't show equal fave, betting them and as such preserving ones mental calm is of no consequence in the long run and provides great opportunity for some great outcomes. That is just another reality of punting.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/