View Single Post
Old 4th December 2014, 04:09 PM

This just popped into my head and thought I'd use this thread to ask.

How many of you take an active interest in investing? Whether it be shares, property, fixed deposits or anything else besides horses.

I work in this field so obviously have a personal interest and invest in shares myself but i've always wondered if many others here do. Or those who make a dollar from betting do they invest the profits?

For interests sake, I started investing in shares in March 2009 at the very low point of the GFC. I was only 3 months into my first job out of Uni, borrowed $2,000 from my parents and started from there with Wesfarmers (were approx $15 a share then). I paid my parents back as quick as possible and started accumulating funds for my next purchase. A couple of months later I took out a personal loan and purchased some more shares and so the story goes on.

If anyone is interested in more detail i'll post some, but just thought i'd get the ball rolling. I was 22 when I started buying shares and still purchase shares today 6 years on putting a portion of my fortnightly pay into them. Definitely learnt a lot of lessons along the way as well, much like betting!