View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose
Totally agree with Shaun here.
A mate of mine deposited a couple of hundred he owed me at a TAB in western Qld into my phone acc and I withdrew it to go to the track in Brisbane the next day, I got an email from Unitab stating that they were not a Bank, and any such further transactions would incur a fee for transferring money.

Be over 20 years since I last did it. Simple enough these days to put it direct into a bank account and have access that way. Looks like the TABS have tightened up as have the banks.

I got the Trifecta up the year Shocking won and paid over 9K on IAS. I had all sorts of problem getting it out. First of all I had to do the ID things with them (I never thought I would be withdrawing). Then they would only pay it into the account I deposited from which was my credit card which had a limit of 3K and I owed very little.

The bank got sus about a large amount of money being deposited into a credit card account putting it over 3 times as the limit in credit and didn't inform me until I enquired several days after IAS said they had paid me. I then had to prove to the bank that my ill gotten gains were legitimate before I could get the cash.