View Single Post
Old 16th April 2014, 10:40 AM
Banned

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattio
I run a similar system CP that looks at the PP favourite that also ends up the NSWTAB favourite, I only run it on Saturday Metro meetings but since the start of 2012 it has given me just under 300 selections for a 47% S/R and 31% POT.

However, as it is a system based around the favourite it is very hard to automate since sometimes the favourite isn't absolutely known until after the start so there are races where I simply can't bet because the 1st and 2nd favourite are just too close together. Or the other issue is I see a 3rd or 4th favourite being heavily backed late that ends up running favourite, I can't bet in these races either since the favourite will likely have changed from the time I place the bet.

Favourite systems can be tough to operate but they can be very rewarding, CP is your system based on certain TAB or Betfair or official SP?

I had a similar problem but converted to the on course opening fav.

When there were 2 or more equal opening favs I simply didn't bet.

The few % in strike/rate I missed out on as the opening fav drifted & ran 2nd-3rd fav etc was compensated by the better odds.

This gave me a chance to hunt around for the best odds knowing my selection as soon as the prices came up.

Cheers.