View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2014, 12:43 PM

Hi,

I just had a read of this and the first thing that stick in my mind is that to go for a year without making a new peak with your bankroll would be way too frustrating for 99.9% of people to handle I think. That's a long time to wait before you start seeing new profits hit the account, no matter what the eventual end result may potentially be. Maybe that's just my mentality and view on it but i'm sure there are others that agree.

I've only just started managing to make a small sustained profit in the last 2 months on a small amount of money so don't have much to add. But after what Paul discussed in my thread and looking at the maths behind it the max bank drawdown in terms of % is what I believe to be one of the most important aspects. Without an understanding of what this either has been while paper testing or is likely to be when betting then I just don't understand how you could comfortably set a staking amount.

I'd be interested in reading about the points UB raised although no pressure on him, I'm sure I could google and find some information.

It's probably the selection part that I'm struggling with the most now, although I'm working on it and making some inroads.

Always happy to read anything that goes into a bit of depth rather than some threads that just list selections etc. Maybe we can build on the info in this thread from a few posters?