Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Racing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 5th March 2003, 05:55 PM

Angel,

Could you tell me why one of your filters was restricting your bets to those starting inside barrier 7.
As I outlined in a recent post, barrier positions can play a vital part in the eventual performance of a runner, especially, as they do at Hawkesbury, start loading the field from barrier 5 outwards. No-one can convince me that this cannot potentially have a detrimental effect on a runner's performance.
Old 5th March 2003, 10:30 PM

Xanadu,mate,That was not my filter,it was put in place by Redcraze.I am not using any filters at time of writing.The only filters I am considering are no bets on heavy tracks,and no betting on Fridays,the record on that day is abysmall!!Cheers,angel
Old 6th March 2003, 11:25 AM

Barrier position are important 99% of the time.
I am putting together some data on barrier positions over distances 800m to 1400m on various tracks around each state. Once I have compiled the data I will adjust the filters.

So far this week, I have had 9 bets fo 5 winners and 6 places.

Maybe because it is the Angel system it is blessed.:smile:

Old 6th March 2003, 12:50 PM
cinna

Hi all, yes angel, a good last 2 days mainly due to your staking plan. I've been stuffing around for ages trying poor ones but yours works well for my situation [win only].Quinella progression is great as long as you can get the ************ things regularly enough!! Would be great if you could post it as I'm sure others would be interesred too.Personally I use 'Jim's' ratings since he rated mine on top when it won at Murtoa back in Aug paying $18 - no I didn't back it, 22 starts, still a mdn & 1st start for me!! I spotted a thread on ratings on a message board,getting in touch afterwards.I don't have time to do the form & with the files he sends, it's all there for me to see. Those 2 huge roughies at Gatton Tues were in his Track/Average column, 1 on top, the other 4th & as they'd started coming up at any odds I noticed that was the column they came from. Only had $10 on but that's still a good result for me! Starting to waffle now & better check the fields!!
Old 7th March 2003, 01:10 PM

Today(not aware of scratchings)
Townsville
R5
R6
Canberra
R6
Gunnedah
R5
R7
Post tomorrows later
Old 8th March 2003, 09:00 AM

Flemington
R6
R9
Randwick
R2
R8
R9
Doomben
R3
R4
R6
R8

Don't have access to SA or WA fields at present
Old 8th March 2003, 09:14 AM

G'day angel, I've been following this thread since it started but could you please set out the system as it stands now? I've got SA and WA fields in front of me if you want the selections.
If your only criteria is the topweight if 2.5 kg or heavier than horse no.2 then there are three selections at Morphetville:
R3
R7
R8
and no qualifiers at Ascot.
Good Luck

[ This Message was edited by: Dirk Gently on 2003-03-08 09:50 ]
Old 8th March 2003, 07:55 PM

Dirk,sorry about the confusion mate,but I am using the system with no filters at all.
Todays results:
Toowoomba R3 unpl.
Gold Coast R2 1st 2.90/1.50
Doomben R3 1st 3.50/1.60
R4 2nd 1.80
R6 scr.
R8 3rd 3.10
Flemington
R6 unpl.
R9 unpl.
Randwick
R2 scr.
R8 scr.
R9 unpl.
Morphetville
R3 1st 9.30/3.20
R7 unpl.
R8 unpl.

Not a bad day overall,cheers,angel
Old 9th March 2003, 11:05 AM

Sorry Dirk,yes,2.5 kgs above the next in the weights is the only criteria I'm using.Redcraze is having a lot of success with filters he has applied,they are somewhere on this thread if you are interested.Todays selections:
Dalby
R6
R8

Orange
R3

Echuca
R8 No2

Hobart
R6

Pinjarra
R6

Cheers and good luck!
Old 12th March 2003, 12:56 AM

I get the impression that interest is waning on this system because it has hit a lean period.I have been away for a few days,so don't know results,but no new posts for 3 days?Redcraze,are you still monitoring?If so,what the latest figures?I am interested to know how my progression method is faring with this system.Cinna,are you still using it??Cheers,angel