Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 30th September 2012, 08:01 AM

Default Betbotpro

Is anyone here that uses BBP having issues with insufficient funds errors when there's clearly plenty in the account to cover the bets?
Old 30th September 2012, 10:12 AM

Macs, you'll get those if you're trying to bet SP below Betfair limits. Can you give an example?

I moved away from BetBotPro to BF Bot Manager quite some time ago.
Old 30th September 2012, 10:40 AM

If your trying to bet at, say $1 per bet, then you need at least $6 for that one bet in the account.

This is because the bot has to place a bet at or above the minimum stakes of $5. So in this instance if backing, it will place a $6 bet at $1000 and then delete $5 of that bet making it a $1 bet and then shift it to your odds.

If betting more than one horse per race then You'll need more lots of $5.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 30th September 2012, 10:54 AM

Hi Angry,

Yesterday I set it up to lay to a fixed liability of $10 on 50 or so races and just let it go. It was working fine for 2 or 3 races some of which were over 20-1, others were 3 and 4 to 1. Then I'd get funds errors so I reset the virtual wallet and away it would go again, 3 races later same message and on went the saga all day.

A guy in the UK was having similar issues yesterday according to the BBP forum so I'm hoping it was just a glitch but if you were experiencing the same some time ago then maybe it's not.

I can't see how BF could stop the bets, even though it's against their rules I've never had a manual $1 lay bet stopped yet through a bot for testing purposes.
Old 30th September 2012, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
If your trying to bet at, say $1 per bet, then you need at least $6 for that one bet in the account.

This is because the bot has to place a bet at or above the minimum stakes of $5. So in this instance if backing, it will place a $6 bet at $1000 and then delete $5 of that bet making it a $1 bet and then shift it to your odds.

If betting more than one horse per race then You'll need more lots of $5.
All my bets are lays Ocho and it only doesn't work intermittently so it's got me stuffed. Also, what's all this garbage from BF re minimum $5 lay bets? If I back a horse to win at $5 my risk is $5. If I lay a horse at $20 with $1 my risk is $20 so what's their problem?
Old 30th September 2012, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs
All my bets are lays Ocho and it only doesn't work intermittently so it's got me stuffed. Also, what's all this garbage from BF re minimum $5 lay bets? If I back a horse to win at $5 my risk is $5. If I lay a horse at $20 with $1 my risk is $20 so what's their problem?

macs,

I agree with you about betfair but eventually most people get pinged for betting below the minimum stakes. They will give you a warning and give you 3-5 days to stop doing it. If you keep doing it they will close your account.

On top of that a loit of traders were told to stop trading Australian markets or their accounts would be closed. This was after they lost the court case on how they have to pay. The commission increase to 6.5% didn't cover the cost considering traders could turnover the same $100 a few times on each race. Due to this a lot of the largest traders now do not touch the Aus markets.

Also they don't seem to understand that a lay risk amount of $5 is the same as a $5 bet on a short odds on. To them its all about commission. And your winning of 5c for a $100 shot is not enough to cover their costs of running their servers.

It also annoys me that the UK min bet is only $2 yet the $5 minimum bet for Aus punters is equivalent to a $3.20 minimum bet after currency conversion.

Saying all that I do find that some people get away with below minimum stakes a lot and don't get caught. I am not sure why.

Enjoy betting below minimum stakes while you can.
Old 30th September 2012, 11:48 AM

Thanks for the reply UB but that still doesn't make sense to me. If BF take $20 off me for a losing $1 lay bet they still get their 5% -7% on the $20, someone's matched it somewhere.

Seems to me like a money grab from the colonies. With all the publicity here about responsible gambling I'd have thought BF would have had their wrists slapped a long time ago about lay bets. Obviously not.
Old 30th September 2012, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macs
Thanks for the reply UB but that still doesn't make sense to me. If BF take $20 off me for a losing $1 lay bet they still get their 5% -7% on the $20, someone's matched it somewhere.

Seems to me like a money grab from the colonies. With all the publicity here about responsible gambling I'd have thought BF would have had their wrists slapped a long time ago about lay bets. Obviously not.

Oh I agree it doesn't make sense and it is a money grab but look at it this way.

You lose and pay out $19 so the opther punter pays commission of $1.235
But they have a minimum amount of $5 so they have to pay 5 times that amount on their winnings of $95. So on that one transaction that made $6.17.

On the other hand if the horse loses and you win then you have layed $1. They take 7c from you. That is a huge difference to them on that one bet. If they make you lay $5 they at least get 32c

I can assure you they can not make a profit after the fees they have to pay to NSW, VIC, etc and then cover the running costs of their servers on 7c commission.

They are trying to run a business (and they are doing it unsuccessfully in my opinion).
Old 30th September 2012, 12:16 PM

Hi UB.

Have BF stopped all traders yet on the aussie racing?

Now that the footy season is over and my systems betting has gone down the tubes, I was going to return to trying to trade the Oz markets on Saturdays and Sundays (social things permitting) to try and build up my bank again.

― Earl Nightingale
Old 30th September 2012, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ocho
Hi UB.

Have BF stopped all traders yet on the aussie racing?

Now that the footy season is over and my systems betting has gone down the tubes, I was going to return to trying to trade the Oz markets on Saturdays and Sundays (social things permitting) to try and build up my bank again.

Ocho,

I think they probably have a limit but a few months ago the boards were full of people saying they had been warned by betfair. Not being a trader I do not know if they were big traders or all traders.

I think it may have been befoer they introduced the turonver charge

http://betfair.com.au/turnovercharge/

Its not hard to add up to 2000 in a week. But you will probably stay under the 50 markets.