Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Ratings2Win
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 30th June 2013, 09:32 AM

Code:
30/06/2013 14:51 KALGL 1 3 Sarabi FAVE DRY
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/
Old 30th June 2013, 07:20 PM

Default Hands up those who gave up !!!

It has been a bit of a mixed bag this month. So lets tally up the totals and see what has happened this month and for the entire time we have posted these selections LIVE here.

Remember we are expecting a 46.4% strike rate and 4.6% POT as this is the base line from over 2700 selections of our DRY FAVE system.

June Figures: 56 bets 27 wins 48.2% strike rate and 10.93% POT
Since thread start: 67 bets 31 wins 46.3% strike rate and 5.18% POT

I know that we have been adding the WET FAVE selections and while that is not officially our test I'll add those figures to this as well.

Since thread start: 80 bets 37 wins 46.3% strike rate and 5.71% POT

Kind regards
Old 30th June 2013, 07:47 PM
Banned

Thumbs up

Good stuff.Keep them coming.
Old 30th June 2013, 08:56 PM

I concur Darky. Remarkable stuff given that we are talking nearly 1 winner in every 2 selections.

Michal, can I ask... are you including only those that started SP Fav (as per your original rules) OR is this the lot?

Cheers LG
Old 30th June 2013, 11:00 PM

Hi LG,

These are the final selections, those that were SP favourite. The over all results have been slightly lower then expected. If you were to take them all (107 bets in June) then the strike rate is 35.5% but they loose 9% POT for this month which is down on the average which is 37% strike rate and -1.3% POT from 4200 selections.

HOWEVER
If you were to bet them proportionally then they lose just 3 cence on turnover based on SP/NSW, using a better pricing model (equivalent to Top Fluctuations, Best tote or Betfair) the pot jumps to 4.3%. Again that is this month.

I would not like to jump to conclusions here as this may be just a short term variance and making decisions based on a few selections (107 bets) is a sure fire way to loose the plot.

Also the results could vary for the Favourite systems depending on what you chose to use as the 'SP'; like betfair favourite or similar. Also late scratchings may add a few selections that were not posted live before the races. Unfortunately it also happens that we lose winners from our list because TC changes and they still win, so we can't claim them even though the bets went on before the TC change. Its all swings and roundabouts.

You say "Remarkable stuff given that we are talking nearly 1 winner in every 2 selections."
I still would like to impress upon people that even with these results we have had 6 outs in a row this month and 10 outs maximum historically. The maximum draw-down this month has been 9 units, and its currently at 8 units so the last few days have been rather trying. This is just a lesson on the reality of punting. It may be uncomfortable, but everyone has these, just some wont tell you about them !

We'll see how we go next month. Thanks for your comments; they are greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Michal : 30th June 2013 at 11:02 PM.
Old 1st July 2013, 07:38 AM

Hi LG,

Thanks again for your post which prompted me to check the proportional betting results on the raw system output (without qualifying selections for favouritsm). In the post below I did the test on June selections (107 bets) and I wondered if the positive result is just a fluke or not.

Believe it or not I have never tested the raw output on proportional betting because when I constructed the system our program didn't have that function. I have however done so now and the results are surprising to say the least! Not only are they positive, but the number of selections increases from 2800 over all to 4300 over all and its completely reliant on Axis ratings and filters without any outside help from the market!

Selections 4300 (3.5 bets average per day)
Winners 1593
Strike rate 37%
Betting 1% of bank level stakes or to take out 1% proportionally
Level stake POT -1.31%
Proportional betting POT 1.51% Maximum run of outs 17, Max Bank draw-down 26% average draw down 8%

The above figures are based on NSW/SP just like all our figures we quote. Applying a better betting pricing model equivalent to betting Top fluctuation or Best tote or betting on betfair produces the following results.

Level stakes POT 2.10% Max Bank draw down 48% average 11%
Proportional betting POT 4.53% Max Bank draw down 23% average 9%
Increasing the take out from 1% to 2% proportionally exponentially increases the profits but it does so at the expense of raising the bank draw down to 41% however the real dollar profit increases due to the turn over.

There are several Betting scenarios that produce different outcomes, many of them push the envelope too far with bank risks too high for real life betting. I have written about this in another thread, without knowing the risks an incorrectly set betting method can destroy any system outcome due to unsustainable bank draw-down or under utilise the systems performance if the settings are too cautious. Lucky for our clients such information is available in the betting analyser for all subscription levels so they do not go in betting blind.

The proportional betting scenario shown above is a vanilla method used by most professional punters where the size of the bet varies based on the bank size and the horses dividend with the take out being ultra conservative at 1% of bank.

Kind regards
Old 1st July 2013, 10:58 AM

Code:
01/07/2013 11:47 ROSEH 1 3 Pitcrew FAVE WET 12:32 WAGGA 1 8 Gone Platinum FAVE WET
Old 2nd July 2013, 09:52 AM

Code:
02/07/2013 No Selections
Old 3rd July 2013, 09:39 AM

Code:
03/07/2013 12:00 CAULF 1 14 Pindan Pearl FAVE DRY 12:53 WFARM 1 8 Suit FAVE WET 14:10 DOOMB 3 4 Empress Eugenie FAVE WET 14:28 MURRA 4 4 Magic Niello FAVE DRY
Old 4th July 2013, 10:08 AM

Code:
04/07/2013 10:55 CRANB 1 6 Southern Road FAVE DRY 11:30 GRAFT 1 10 Natural Dancer FAVE WET 12:00 CRANB 3 1 Adapted FAVE DRY 12:35 CRANB 4 1 Black Fusion FAVE DRY