Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th January 2015, 04:17 PM

Default Speed Mapping

Hi Guys,

I haven't posted in a while and it's actually quite dull in here at the moment with almost no conversation happening. Are people talking/posting elsewhere, communicating via email or simply aren't interest or have nothing to add anymore?

Anyway I'm once again re-visiting the approach of speed mapping and betting on leaders at leader bias tracks. I've got a little spare time to research it as my other systems are now ticking along quite nicely after some tinkering in the last few months.

What i'm wondering is does anyone here mechanically establish speed maps or settling position calculations? I've been doing it myself for a while with some level of accuracy but i'm interested if anyone else does it and their approach. Obviously previous settling/turn positions play a pretty significant role but I'm just wondering if theres other areas I should be looking at or the approach others take.

All ideas/discussion is welcome as I'm happy to research whatever I can. Given one of CP's previous threads I think it can be pretty profitable if I can identify the likely leaders at a leader bias track. Ideally what the idea I have in my head is:

1) Identify if track/distance has leader bais, if yes:
2) Identify the likely forward runners (i.e. those settling top 3):
3) Of those likely leaders identify the one most likely to win and bet that horse

I think it has some promise, especially if it can be mechanically achieved with pre-race calculations and some refining. I've only tinkered with it a little so far just using the calcs i already use and some basic track/distance filtering and that already showed a profit but lacked some consistency.