Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems and Selection Methods Forum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 24th April 2012, 10:34 AM

Smile

Hi Mattio,

Very interesting approach. You said you added a further rule, do you care to elaborate on this new rule?

From Shaun's results last Saturday it seems quite a few of the losing bets were drawn wide (>7 at the barrier) = 7 bets, no winners, 4 places. Is this a rule that could be considered?
Old 24th April 2012, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Try Try Again
Hi Mattio,

Very interesting approach. You said you added a further rule, do you care to elaborate on this new rule?

From Shaun's results last Saturday it seems quite a few of the losing bets were drawn wide (>7 at the barrier) = 7 bets, no winners, 4 places. Is this a rule that could be considered?
Hi Try Try Again,

I have decided to keep this rule to myself mate but the other rules will still make a very good system. The barrier rule you mention could make a difference, when added to the original 2 filters it lifts the S/R a little to 25.9% and brings the LOT down to 13.2% from 14%. Adding that rule to my filters doesn't increase S/R or or POT.
Old 24th April 2012, 12:25 PM

Smile

Hi Mattio,

I understand. Thanks for the reply and good luck with your plan.
Old 25th April 2012, 11:34 AM

Another small loss yesterday so lets start looking at suitable filters.

Having got a feel for the system following it on a day to day basis i've got a couple of ideas. I would not have got these ideas had i just looked at the statistics or conducted a test with a data base.

The thing I have noted is that most of the obvious filters have minimul to no effect, we need to look at other areas.

The two key ones for me are breaking down the races into Metro,Provincial and Country and the other being betting only when the price is right.

Its my feeling that before any race type filters ie maidens, 2yo 3yo etc are added we need to look at the quality of the race meeting, some day this thing is killing it the next its flat and lifeless, the quality of the race meeting is only filter that makes sense.

Also on the price front i've seen some very good double overlays,if we had of concentrated on these we would be way in front.

Thoughts?