Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > General Topics
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 27th December 2014, 07:07 PM

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan
I hope SKY and TVN get all this argy bargy sorted out soon, because after using TVN especially on busy days like today they can shove it where the sun doesn't shine.
You also have to have the sound muted, because the garbage the commentators carry on with drives one crazy, they think they are working for comedy central.
At least with SKY you get some serious commentary from the presenters.
SKY is certainly not perfect and I often have a whinge about them,BUT this TVN is absolute GARBAGE.

No offence to any of the presenters on either channel, BUT, they are all jokey, blokey, illiterate, sycophantic rubbish. Nowhere else is there such utter trash spoken. There is one bloke on sky who would put you to sleep leading up to the biggest race of the year. I cannot find a good word for any of them.

Rant over.
Old 27th December 2014, 07:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterpan
I hope SKY and TVN get all this argy bargy sorted out soon, because after using TVN especially on busy days like today they can shove it where the sun doesn't shine.
You also have to have the sound muted, because the garbage the commentators carry on with drives one crazy, they think they are working for comedy central.
At least with SKY you get some serious commentary from the presenters.
SKY is certainly not perfect and I often have a whinge about them,BUT this TVN is absolute GARBAGE.

I agree, they're fixated with camera footage of the parade ring! They think they've hit the big time but just don't GET IT! Punters don't want to be flicking between stations, that's just upsetting the hands that feed you.

As for commentary I always mute the sound for both stations. I just want to see them load, jump and who won.
Old 30th December 2014, 11:43 AM

Sky Channel will be asked to shelve a $5 a month subscription for its extra two channels when it seizes the rights to racing in NSW in a move designed to mirror the free premium content structure offered by beleaguered broadcaster TVN.

In a rare win for increasingly frustrated punters caught in the middle of racing's television war, Racing NSW boss Peter V'landys confirmed it would negotiate a new long-term agreement with Sky and Foxtel only on the premise that all vision was provided free

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/horsera...228-12emf4.html

Yay For NSW for making a good decision. They have actually done more for the punter on the last year then any other state. At least they understand people don't like this flicking and really Sky is the channel most punters watch. Victoria Racing won't keep TVN afloat. Its not in their best interests to put tens of millions of dollars into a losing venture unless they are stubborn. This could be the end of TVN.

I also like that SKy2 and Sky world might be free very soon.
Old 30th December 2014, 12:39 PM

I thought this summed it up really well.

A quote from a comment from "Seve" on racenet

People say we have the best racing in the world.......then surely we must have the worst administrators in the world. ...at all levels. Clubs,and their incompetent committees,run their own race.....States compete against each other. Three TABS,....different rules and/or different interpretations of them in each state, a useless ineffective national body , corporates bleeding the punter and dispatching the profits overseas, Two TV providers at each other's throat, Is there someone,somewhere who could organise a great sport into a national one so that everyone can benefit.
http://www.ratings2win.com.au/
Old 30th December 2014, 12:41 PM

That's good to hear UB. A free Sky 2 would be good because occasionally a race that I am interested in runs late and goes over to sky2 but I can't watch it.

― Earl Nightingale