Smartgambler
Pro-Punter

Go Back   OZmium Sports Betting and Horse Racing Forums > Public Forums > Horse Race Betting Systems
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Mark all topics as read

To advertise on these
forums, e-mail us.

Old 12th April 2022, 04:31 PM

Default Tipsters

I have no doubt you could CP, You would have to pick your races though.

No Restricted races, 4 year old maiden races, Class 1 or BM races <58.

Your data would show that, as would 4 or more first up runners in the race, they are hard races to gauge their fitness.

That's why I say, Tipsters are a no go. They are trying to select the winner in every race. Computerized Algorithms are the same. AAP, Sky, Racenet, the list goes on. Computerized Algorithms are a one touch button for ease of application. Someone in the office, comes up with these Algorithms, then the youngest staff member, presses the button, then format's the selection results.

There is no way you can select enough winners, in all races to be profitable, in an algorithm.

Yes CP, laying those fav in the poor races and betting on the good races, you could make a profit long term, I agree but if we are talking about Tipsters, they mostly publish the winning hopes in every race.

Last edited by Unstable : 12th April 2022 at 04:34 PM.
Old 16th April 2022, 12:55 PM

I cant be too hard on tipsters as they don't know what the odds will be at race time so I they can only tip what is going to be the most likely winner and that is not surprisingly the favourite or second favourite.

I wouldn't use them in a systematic method though as they are not a controllable variable. You don't know when they are really putting in the work vs just going through the motions (or copying from somewhere else).

A rating is consistent though (providing you can talk to the person who creates it and they let you know when and if it changes). But there are still times that these can change and you are not told but its less changes then a tipsters picks.