The Free Melbourne Cup Horse Racing Betting System
This horse racing betting system selection method highlights the best winning chances in the Melbourne Cup.
In 2012 it found the $22.50 Melbourne Cup winner, Green Moon. In 2011 it found the $8.50 Melbourne Cup winner Dunaden. In 2010 it found the $13.00 Melbourne Cup winner, Americain. While in 2009 it found the $17.00 Melbourne Cup winner, Shocking.
Here are the tips to help you find the Melbourne Cup winner.
1. The horse should have finished no further back than fourth at its last start.
2. Look for good performers, particularly in the Caulfield Cup, on Cox Plate Day, with the Cox Plate now being used by some trainers as a lead up race for the Melbourne Cup, the Geelong Cup where winners have then gone on to win the Melbourne Cup and on Victoria Derby Day, held on the Saturday before the Melbourne Cup. Last year's $22.50 Melbourne Cup winner, Green Moon, ran second in the Caulfield Cup the year before. It also won the Group 1 Turnbull Stakes at Flemington 2 starts before its Melbourne Cup win, and prepared for the Melbourne Cup for a run in the Cox Plate, where it was trapped wide.
3. Don't ignore horses that have at least placed over 3200 metres.
4. Don't ignore the overseas horses. Overseas trainers now know what type of horse and preparation is needed to win a Melbourne Cup. Many of these horses are way over the odds as they have either never raced here, or not recently raced here.
5. Look for a leading jockey, preferably a jockey with local knowledge.
6. Look for trainers with a track record of success in the Melbourne Cup and big Group races.
7. Look for last start winners, particularly dropping in handicapped weight. The 2011 Melbourne Cup winner, Dunaden, was a last start winner dropping 3.5kg. in handicapped weight. In 2010 Americain was a last start winner and dropped 3.5 kg. in handicapped weight when it won the 2010 Melbourne Cup. While in 2009 Shocking was a last start winner and dropped 2.5 kg. in weight before winning the 2009 Melbourne Cup.
8. If the track is rain affected, then check that the horse has shown it can handle the going. A horse won't be scratched on Cup Day because it's raining - but after the race we'll be told, "It didn't handle the conditions."
This edition of Punt to Win:
Flemington 2013 Melbourne Cup free betting advice, tips, odds, betting system and free Melbourne Cup horse racing ratings
The Free Melbourne Cup horse racing betting system
The Professional Punter's horse racing news
Horse racing form analysis and betting system tips
Horse Watch betting system - future winners
Group 1 horse racing results: 26/10/2013, 25/10/2013 & 19/10/2013
Group 1 horse racing results: 12/10/2013
Free horse racing betting tips package membership!
Get those betting odds
Betting favourites in small fields: 26/10/2013
Betting favourites in small fields: 19/10/2013
Betting favourites in small fields: 12/10/2013
Best odds for well bet winners - bookmaker or tote?
Betting top weights - horses carrying a weight handicap of 60kg.
Punt to Win 12/10/2013
Punt to Win Index - 2000 to Present
2012 Melbourne Cup Day
Bookmaker Win Dividends
|Get these dividends?
||Or these bookmaker dividends!
||Extra Profit $30 bet
|Walk With Attitude
Copyright ©1998-present. OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights