Trifecta Betting Tips
Continued from previous page.
How to make money on trifectas.
1. By doing the opposite of most trifecta punters.
2. That means for a start knowing the form and not just treating trifectas as a numbers game. That rules out many tote punters.
3. Not taking trifectas in small fields where it is obvious that the short priced favourite will run a place and probably finish in the first two.
4. Only taking a favourite to win with horses at big tote odds for second and third. But you must know that those horses at big odds are realistic place chances. Otherwise you might as well burn your money. It is not a numbers game.
5. Box horses, or taking a few horses as standouts for the win, which have approximately the same chances of winning and are at good tote odds, but avoid including the tote favourite. But again you must know it is a false favourite. If the favourite is a top place chance then you are throwing your money away.
6. Not taking trifectas as an easy way out because you have no idea what horse is going to win the race. It is much harder to get three horses to finish in the top three in those races than to back three horses, each at big odds, just to win the race.
Well there you have it. Playing trifectas seriously to win is not easy. You need a big bank and there will be some huge runs of outs. There must be if you are going for the collects of $500 and more.
Of course if you want to play trifectas like everyone else, boxing the top selections in fields of seven, eight or so runners you will have regular collects. Just like the second race at Rosehill last Saturday. It was won by the short priced favourite Royal Courtship. The second favourite, (not much different in price to the third horse in the betting) finished second and one of the longshots in the field, Prince Of War ran third. For a $24 outlay on SuperTab you collected just $25.40. You outlayed $24 and won $1.40. With wins like that you must lose.
The best of Punt to Win, 24th. November, 2000.
This edition of Punt to Win:
Win money betting trifectas
Get those betting odds
Betting favourites in small fields
Betting tips from the track - Rosehill and Sandown Hillside
Handicapping tips - weight and class
Future winners - unlucky horses
Punt to Win 3/12/2004
Punt to Win index
Best Tote Odds?
Profit $10 bet
online poker rooms
Copyright ©1998-present. OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights