The Wide Barrier Horse Racing Betting System
Many race callers and media tipsters perpetuate the betting myth that horses drawn wide have "no chance because of the barrier." They regularly use wide barriers to explain why horses were beaten 10 lengths.
Nothing is more ridiculous. All handicappers understand that a wide barrier is not a 10 lengths' penalty!
So here is a very simple horse racing betting system selection method for finding horses that are often unreasonably at big odds just because of the barrier draw.
Here are the rules:
1. After scratchings the horse is drawn barrier 13 or worse.
2. The horse has won at the distance and also won at the track.
3. The horse must not be race favourite. Nor must it be first up from a spell.
4. Its last start must have been no longer than four weeks earlier.
5. The horse must have placed or run no worse than three lengths from the winner at its last start.
6. The horse must be carrying no more than 58kg. after allowing for apprentice claims. (Ignore this for Weight for Age races.)
7. The jockey must have won previously on the horse or be a leading jockey.
You can bring in plenty of your own additional rules. Used sensibly you will have plenty of fun with this method and should get plenty of good priced winners and placegetters.
This edition of Punt to Win:
Horse racing trifecta wagering and staking betting tips
The Free Wide Barrier horse racing betting system
The Professional Punter's horse racing news
Horse racing form analysis and betting system tips
Horse Watch betting system - future winners
Group 1 horse racing results: Kingston Town Classic Day - 6/12/2014
Free horse racing ratings & betting tips package membership!
Get those betting odds
Betting horse racing favourites in small fields: 10/1/2015
Betting horse racing favourites in small fields: 3/1/2015 & 27/12/2014
Betting horse racing favourites in small fields: 20/12/2014 & 13/12/2014
Betting horse racing favourites in small fields: 6/12/2014
Best odds for well bet winners - bookmaker or tote?
Betting top weights - horses carrying a weight handicap of 60kg.
Punt to Win 31/12/2014
Punt to Win Index - 2000 to Present
2014 Melbourne Cup Day
Bookmaker Win Dividends
|Get these dividends?
||Or these bookmaker dividends!
||Extra Profit $30 bet
|Risen From Doubt
Copyright ©1998-present. OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights