|Horse racing and
Punt to Win
Mirror Mirror $48.90 Wins 2006 2YO Magic Millions Classic
Last Saturday's big race meeting in Queensland was held at the Gold Coast.
Punters everywhere were encouraged to "have a go" and have a bet in the 2YO Magic Millions Classic run over 1200 metres.
Punters should not have bet in the race - or at best had a very, very small interest bet.
2. Two year olds can often race erratically - which can be accentuated by a large field on a tight, turning track.
3. Not one of the runners had any experience at the track, which is very much a specialists' track.
4. Only two runners in the field had even raced four times. There were another six runners with three starts, seven runners with two starts and one runner with just one race start. That means sharp improvements on exposed form was very likely.
5. There were horses competing with form in Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane which would make lining up the limited form very difficult, if not impossible.
6. Only nine of the runners had even raced over 1200 metres.
7. How could you possibly pick the winner, Mirror Mirror on exposed form? The 2YO filly won a 2YO Listed Fillies race over 1000 metres at Randwick in October last year starting at $31.00. She was then spelled. Returning from that spell she had one run before the Golden Slipper. On December 26, she finished fifth of eight in a 2YO Open over 1200 metres, beaten over four lengths by the Bart Cummings trained colt, Assertive. There was also no betting support for Mirror Mirror in that race, and she started at $12.00
8. By the way, Assertive started at $6.00 in the Golden Slipper and finished last. Beaten 22 lengths by Mirror Mirror! The $3.70 Golden Slipper favourite, the Gai Waterhouse trained gelding, Pulsator, was beaten five lengths by Mirror Mirror and finished eighth.
This edition of Punt to Win:
2005 Melbourne Cup Carnival Winners
|Disclaimer: This site covers various aspects of horseracing in Australia. We provide betting tips, online gambling strategy and links to many thoroughbred sites. OZmium Pty Ltd is not responsible for the content of the links and also accepts no liability for financial loss or misadventure caused by the information provided here. We strongly recommend you bet within your budget and only with money you are prepared to risk.|