|Horse racing and
Punt to Win
This simple method lets you find out whether the favourite is a true favourite. Put each favourite through the following test.
There is a total of 57 points. The higher the better.
2. It should have had its last start within 21 days. (8 points)
3. It must have proven that it can handle the day's track conditions. If it is a Heavy track it must have raced on and proven that it can handle a Heavy track. (8 points)
4. It must have won or been placed within 100 metres of the distance of today's race. (6 points)
5. It must have won or been placed at today's track. (6 points)
6. It must not be handicapped at more than 2.5kg. above what it carried last start. Work this out from the Limit weight - the minimum handicap weight for the race. (6 points)
7. It must have an experienced senior jockey, a top apprentice, or a jockey who has previously won on it. (5 points)
8. It must have a win strike rate of better than 20%. (5 points)
9. It must be at $2.00 or better. (5 points)
That's it. Simple and effective.
This edition of Punt to Win:
Best Tote Odds?
|Disclaimer: This site covers various aspects of horseracing in Australia. We provide betting tips, online gambling strategy and links to many thoroughbred sites. OZmium Pty Ltd is not responsible for the content of the links and also accepts no liability for financial loss or misadventure caused by the information provided here. We strongly recommend you bet within your budget and only with money you are prepared to risk.|