|Horse racing and
Punt to Win
1. Put a big black line through horses that had a comfortable run on the pace at Flemington and weakened.
2. Make note of run on horses that made up ground wide in the straight in the inferior going. On another day they could well win.
3. Take particular note of horses in the Kensington Stakes such as Mr. Magoo and Pindi Ridge. On a fair racing surface they might have finished one, two.
4. With racing down the Flemington straight, once you have around 10 horses in a race, it is advisable to never take below $6.00 about the favourite as protection against track bias. In bigger fields you will need even bigger odds about the favourite.
5. When the rail is out at Flemington invariably horses going to the outside will be favoured. The difficulty is that horses have been known to cross to the outside from barrier one and win. But that's once the bias is known. No one suspected such a biased track last Saturday otherwise all horses would have crossed to the outside.
This edition of Punt to Win:
It is just about
impossible to get a high enough strike rate backing short
priced tote favourites to make up for the big unders on
Short priced tote
|Disclaimer: This site covers various aspects of horseracing in Australia. We provide betting tips, online gambling strategy and links to many thoroughbred sites. OZmium Pty Ltd is not responsible for the content of the links and also accepts no liability for financial loss or misadventure caused by the information provided here. We strongly recommend you bet within your budget and only with money you are prepared to risk.|