Free Melbourne Cup 2012 Horse Racing Betting Advice,
Melbourne Cup Betting System,
Continued from previous page
Interesting betting tips and facts about the Melbourne Cup:
8. Horses to win the Caulfield-Melbourne Cup double are Poseidon 1906, The Trump 1937, Rivette 1939, Rising Fast 1954, Even Stevens 1962, Galilee 1966, Gurner's Lane 1982, Let's Elope 1991, Doriemus 1995, Might And Power 1997 and Ethereal 2001. Makybe Diva finished second by a half head to Elvstroem in the Caulfield Cup in 2004 before winning the 2004 Melbourne Cup.
9. The champion mare, Makybe Diva, won three Melbourne Cups in 2003, 2004 and 2005. Horses to have won two Melbourne Cups are Archer 1861-1862, Peter Pan 1932 and 1934, Rain Lover 1968-1969 and Think Big 1974-1975. This year, 7YO horse Dunaden, the winner of the 2011 Melbourne Cup and the 2012 Caulfield Cup is racing for a Melbourne Cup double.
10. The longest priced winners are The Pearl 100/1 (1871), Wotan 100/1 (1936), Old Rowley 100/1 (1940) and Rimfire 80/1 (1948).
11. 35 favourites have won the Melbourne Cup. The shortest priced winners were Makybe Diva $3.50 (2004), Archer 2/1 (1862), Revenue 7/4 (1908) and Phar Lap 8/11 odds on (1930). 68 Cup favourites have finished in the first three placings.
12. The heaviest weight carried to victory was by Carbine in 1890 with 10 stone 5lbs (65.5kg).
13. Four and five year olds have both won the Melbourne Cup 43 times. Six year olds have won 29 times, three year olds 23, seven year olds 10 and eight year olds 2. The last three year old to win the race was Skipton in 1941. Lee Freedman trained Makybe Diva when she won the Melbourne Cup in 2004 and 2005 as a 6YO and a 7YO mare. In 2003 when Makybe Diva won the Melbourne Cup as a 5YO mare she was trained by David Hall.
14. Between the time weights are released for the Melbourne Cup and the running of the race most of the Cup hopefuls are not in the race. After the weights have been released for the Melbourne Cup, the last original top weight to win the Cup was Comic Court with nine stone five pounds (59.5kg.) in 1950.
15. In recent years over 50% of Melbourne Cup winners finished either first or second at their previous start, including plenty of last start winners dropping in handicapped weight.
16. Recently the Geelong Cup has been a great guide to the Melbourne Cup with the 2011 Melbourne Cup winner, Dunaden, and the 2010 Melbourne Cup winner, Americain, both winning the Geelong Cup before next racing in the Melbourne Cup.
17. Historically the best guides to the Melbourne Cup have been the Caulfield Cup and the Mackinnon Stakes.
In 2004 Makybe Diva, finished a close second in the Caulfield Cup before winning the Melbourne Cup while in 2005 she won the Cox Plate and then the Melbourne Cup. In 2006 Delta Blues finished third in the Caulfield Cup behind Tawqeet and Aqua D'Amore, beaten just by a long neck and short neck and then won the Melbourne Cup. However in 2007 Efficient ran ninth of 13 in the Cox Plate and then won the Melbourne Cup, while in 2008 Viewed finished last - 11th., beaten 6.8 lengths, in the Group 1 Mackinnon Stakes run over 2000 metres on the Saturday before the Melbourne Cup. Obviously the extra 1200 metres of the Melbourne Cup made a difference! In 2009 Mark Kavanagh's Shocking convincingly won a 2500 metres Group 3 Handicap at Flemington on Derby Day, three days before the Melbourne Cup.
18. Jockeys, trainers and horses that have won the Melbourne Cup since 2000 are listed below. The jockey is named first, then the trainer and finally the horse.
2011 Cristophe Lemaire, Mikel Delzangles - Dunaden
2010 Gerald Mosse, Alain de Royer Dupre - Americain
2009 Corey Brown, Mark Kavanagh - Shocking
2008 Blake Shinn, Bart Cummings - Viewed
2007 Michael Rodd, Graeme Rogerson - Efficient
2006 Yasunari Iwata, Katsuhiko Sumii - Delta Blues
2005 Glen Boss, Lee Freedman - Makybe Diva
2004 Glen Boss, Lee Freedman - Makybe Diva
2003 Glen Boss, David Hall - Makybe Diva
2002 Damien Oliver, Dermot Weld - Media Puzzle
2001 Scott Seamer, Sheila Laxon - Ethereal
2000 Kerrin McEvoy, Michael Moroney - Brew
Lucky Lil's FREE horse racing tips WIN BIG on Cox Plate Day & Caulfield Cup Day!
On Cox Plate Day from 3 tips Lucky Lil tipped $10.00 Winner Mosse Diva at Rosehill.
On Caulfield Cup Day Lucky Lil tipped $15.00 Caulfield Cup Winner Dunaden and Snitsky $6.50 at Randwick! Plus Lucky Lil's "Lay of the Day" started favourite and lost!
Lucky Lil's FREE Tips PLUS FREE Melbourne Cup Day Ratings are available for you:
Just Register for the Forum:
Then you can access the
Free Saturday Top Four ratings & Free Melbourne Cup Day ratings plus Lucky Lil's tips
in the Free Top Four Horse Racing Ratings & Betting Tips Forum.
Click here to register for the forum
Subscribe to the free Pro-Punter Newsletter for:
Free Saturday Top Four ratings, Free Melbourne Cup Day ratings, Lucky Lil's FREE tips and betting tips.
Flemington 2012 Melbourne Cup free betting advice, tips, odds, betting system and free Melbourne Cup horse racing ratings
The Free Melbourne Cup horse racing betting system
The Professional Punter's horse racing news
Horse racing form analysis and betting system tips
Horse Watch betting system - future winners
Group 1 horse racing results: VRC Derby Day 3/11/2012
Group 1 horse racing results: Cox Plate 27/10/2012, Manikato Stakes 26/10/2012 & Caulfield Cup 20/10/2012
Free horse racing betting tips package membership!
Get those betting odds
Betting favourites in small fields: VRC Derby Day 3/11/2012
Betting favourites in small fields: Cox Plate Day 27/10/2012
Betting favourites in small fields: Caulfield Cup Day 20/10/2012
Best odds for well bet winners - bookmaker or tote?
Betting top weights - horses carrying a weight handicap of 60kg.
Punt to Win 20/10/2012
Punt to Win Index - 2000 to Present
2011 Melbourne Cup Day
Winners under $10.00
Best Bookmaker Win Odds
Best Tote Odds
|Get these prices?
||Or these prices!!
||Extra Profit $30 bet
|Under The Eiffel
Copyright ©1998-present. OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights