Punt to Win
Fifteen Horse Racing Betting Tips
1. Don't bet on horses that have a series of failures. Don't look
for reversals from this.
3. Young horses have the freshest legs.
5. Look for a horse that has done well recently but might
have finished out of a place last start and so be at decent odds.
6. Don't chase the big odds runners unless you know what you
people think horse/jockey combinations are overrated but it is possible to have some great results looking
at win/place percentages. with certain horses and jockeys.
14. Finishing lengths are important. More important than a second, third or fourth. Often horses get under the guard of punters when they run a close up seventh or a close up tenth.
15. If the horse is at much longer odds than expecterd and you can't figure out why, the horse invariably will run up to the market price. This means there is some other reason which the people who matter are aware of such as a fitness problem which has caused the horse to miss work which has been kept away from the public. But if you know why the market doesn't like the horse and you don't see that as a problem then by all means back your judgment.
This edition of Punt to Win:
2007 Melbourne Cup Carnival Winners
|Disclaimer: This site covers various aspects of horseracing in Australia. We provide betting tips, online gambling strategy and links to many thoroughbred sites. OZmium Pty Ltd is not responsible for the content of the links and also accepts no liability for financial loss or misadventure caused by the information provided here. We strongly recommend you bet within your budget and only with money you are prepared to risk.|