The Beat the Favorite Quinella Horse Racing Betting System
Here is a simple horse racing betting system selection method which can find some excellent value quinellas (the top two finishers in a race in any order).
We like to use this betting system in races where the tote favourite has a good chance of being a false favourite.
Here are the rules:
1. The tote favourite must be carrying 59kg. or more after allowing for any apprentice claims.
2. If the tote favourite is carrying less weight than 59kg. then it must be starting from barrier 12 or wider after allowing for scratchings. (This rule does not apply to races down the straight - eg. Flemington 1000 metres to 1200 metres.)
3. If one of the above applies then we have a qualifying race provided there are at least nine runners after scratchings.
4. Use some reliable pre post prices.
5. Take the first horse in the pre post market that is not the tote favourite as a banker in a quinella with the next four horses in the pre post market that are not the tote favourite. Suppose the tote favourite happens to be the second horse in the pre post market. Then you will take 1 with 3, 4, 5 and 6.
6. Also take the second highest horse in the pre post market that is not the tote favourite as a banker in a quinella with the next three horses in the pre post market that are not the tote favourite. So using the example above you would also take 3 with 4, 5 and 6.
7. It is important to use the pre post market for the horses you take in the quinella combinations. That way you are not automatically taking the shortest paying tote horses, apart from the tote favourite every race.
Used sensibly, this method will give you some excellent collects. With 50 cents units it only costs $3.50 a race.
This edition of Punt to Win:
How to become a winning horse racing punter
The Free Beat the Favourite quinella horse racing betting system
The Professional Punter's horse racing news
Horse racing form analysis and betting system tips
Horse Watch betting system - future winners
Free horse racing betting tips package membership!
Get those betting odds
Betting favourites in small fields: 11/1/2014 & 4/1/2014
Betting favourites in small fields: 28/12/2013 & 21/12/2013
Betting favourites in small fields: 14/12/2013
Best odds for well bet winners - bookmaker or tote?
Betting top weights - horses carrying a weight handicap of 60kg.
Punt to Win 31/12/2013
Punt to Win Index - 2000 to Present
2013 Melbourne Cup Day
Bookmaker Win Dividends
|Get these dividends?
||Or these bookmaker dividends!
||Extra Profit $30 bet
Copyright ©1998-present. OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights