|Horse racing and
Punt to Win
Beat the Firming Tote Favourites Horse Racing Betting System
This simple betting method looks for horses at good odds to beat favourites that are tote firmers, as backing all "tote firmers" gives a guaranteed long term loss.
Here are the rules.
1. Take note of tote prices 15 minutes before the race is due to start and three minutes before the race. (You might wait to two minutes if you can get your bet on quickly). We are looking to see if the tote favourite three minutes before the start has firmed 10% from its price 15 minutes before the start.
2. A horse has firmed 10% if 15 minutes before the race its price was say $3.00 and at three minutes before the start it was $2.70 or shorter. It has firmed here the necessary 30 cents which is 10% of $3.00.
3. If a horse is the tote favourite three minutes before the race start and has firmed at least 10% in price we aim to back a horse to beat it.
4. Choose a horse at double figure odds, or pretty close, that either won or ran within 1.5 lengths of the winner at its last start.
5. The horse must have a lower handicap before any apprentice claims than at its last start, again before any apprentice claims.
6. If there are no qualifiers here then find a horse with at least a 30% win strike rate provided it was beaten no more than three lengths at its last start. (If no qualifiers also then this method leaves the race alone.)
7. If money is coming for the tote favourite, you will often get much better odds about some of these other horses.
8. It may pay to take note of these horses as possible bets well before three minutes to go otherwise you might run out of time.
This edition of Punt to Win:
2006 Melbourne Cup Carnival Winners
|Disclaimer: This site covers various aspects of horseracing in Australia. We provide betting tips, online gambling strategy and links to many thoroughbred sites. OZmium Pty Ltd is not responsible for the content of the links and also accepts no liability for financial loss or misadventure caused by the information provided here. We strongly recommend you bet within your budget and only with money you are prepared to risk.|