|Horse racing and
Punt to Win
How to Win Money Betting Horses at Double Figure Dollar Odds
The form is often there to wager them!
Every week we give some clues in "Horse racing form analysis and betting system tips" showing how those big odds winners can be discovered.
In more detail, using form analysis, how do you find the clues?
1. It's a case of doing enough detective work.
Let's have a look at an example we gave some years ago, as the same horse form detective work is just as effective today.
1. The five year old gelding had a win and two placings first up. It also won a Listed race at Caulfield over 1700 metres after a freshen up of seven weeks. So Prince Benbara clearly raced well fresh.
2. The Sandown track was rated Good. Prince Benbara only had one win and two placings from 23 starts on a Good rated track. Prince Benbara had five wins from 10 starts on a rain affected Slow track. So just looking at those horse racing form statistics most punters would have given Prince Benbara no chance.
But a closer look at Prince Benbara's recent racing form showed that it had been very competitive on Good rated tracks.
a) Five months earlier it finished fourth, only beaten two lengths in the Group 3 Sandown Stakes over 1400 metres on a Good track.
c) Just before those two runs Prince Benbara finished a close third in a photo finish in the Listed Seymour Cup over 1600 metres on a Good rated track.
3. So Prince Benbara's form on Good rated tracks and at Sandown, six starts for only one placing is also not as bad as it first appears. In fact it is certainly good enough form to win just an Open Handicap.
4. The barrier, 13 in the 13 horse field, looked to be a disadvantage. But there was a good straight run to the first turn. In any case, Prince Benbara gets well back in its races, which is ideal for Sandown and nullifies any disadvantage from a wide barrier.
5. Prince Benbara had top weight of 58kg. The three kilos claim for a good apprentice also would help.
Prince Benbara would have to rate a serious winning chance.
Lucky Lil's FREE horse racing tips WON BIG on Cox Plate Day & Caulfield Cup Day!
Subscribe to the free Pro-Punter Newsletter for:
This edition of Punt to Win:
2012 Melbourne Cup Day
|Disclaimer: This site covers various aspects of horseracing in Australia. We provide betting tips, online gambling strategy and links to many thoroughbred sites. OZmium Pty Ltd is not responsible for the content of the links and also accepts no liability for financial loss or misadventure caused by the information provided here. We strongly recommend you bet within your budget and only with money you are prepared to risk.|