|Horse racing and
Punt to Win
The Duck Egg Horse Racing Betting System
Here is a very simple betting system which will occasionally find you a winner or placegetter at very good odds.
Horses with a duck egg - 0 - next to them for their previous start in their current campaign are regularly ignored by most punters, especially when they rise in weight, which usually means they are dropping down in class.
Here are the rules:
1. See if any horse with a duck egg at its last start this campaign was beaten by less than five lengths.
2. Check a good form guide to see if the horse suffered any interference in the run or had any bad luck. If it did it qualifies as a possible bet.
3. If the horse started from barrier 12 or worse it also qualifies as a possible bet.
4. If the horse started favourite or at odds of $6.00 or less it also qualifies as a possible bet.
5. Now eliminate any horse whose handicap weight for its next start, that is the weight it is given before taking into account any apprentice claims, is not 2kg. or more higher than the handicap weight it was given when it ran a duck egg.
6. The horses remaining are now small win bets at $8.00+ or qualify as horses to throw in for your trifectas etc.
Feel free to add your own elimination rules.
This edition of Punt to Win:
2005 Melbourne Cup Carnival Winners
|Disclaimer: This site covers various aspects of horseracing in Australia. We provide betting tips, online gambling strategy and links to many thoroughbred sites. OZmium Pty Ltd is not responsible for the content of the links and also accepts no liability for financial loss or misadventure caused by the information provided here. We strongly recommend you bet within your budget and only with money you are prepared to risk.|