Wednesday Midweek Horse Racing Betting
The main midweek Wednesday horse race meetings, usually held at a metropolitan horse race track or a leading provincial horse race track, are often not good betting races.
Here are some reasons why professionals we know often wager much smaller on the occasions they do have a bet, which is not always that often.
1. Many races have form lines from everywhere.
2. The Saturday class horses, often with pretty average Saturday form, are badly handicapped. Will they handle the substantial increase in weight?
3. The stand out bets in the program are often poor value, being served up at very short odds.
4. It's not so easy to back against them if that is the case because just about anything else can win the race, and often does.
5. The Melbourne and Sydney bookies usually have their markets framed to a higher percentage than Saturday. This reduces the chances of obtaining value in the betting ring.
6. Many of the horses racing are very inconsistent.
7. Winners are often at short, poor value odds or else come from left field.
8. The rail tends to often be in less favourable positions for these meetings. Out 10 to 15 metres is no surprise.
9. Lightly raced horses, often from the country, regularly resume from a spell at these meetings. You have no real way of knowing how they will do. Some win. Others well backed dismally fail.
Watch out. If there are too many negatives in a race it is best to leave it alone or go very quietly.
Subscribe to the free Pro-Punter Newsletter:
Free newsletter Saturday Four State betting tips and Lucky Lil's tips
Register for the Forum:
Free newsletter Top Four ratings and Lucky Lil's tips
This edition of Punt to Win:
How to approach midweek Wednesday horse racing wagering
The Professional Punter's horse racing news
The Classy Class Horse, horse racing betting system
Horse racing form analysis and betting system tips
Horse Watch betting system - future winners
Free horse racing betting tips package membership!
Get those betting odds
Betting favourites in small fields plus Group 1 horse racing results: 23/4/2011
Betting favourites in small fields plus Group 1 horse racing results: 16/4/2011
Betting favourites in small fields plus Group 1 horse racing results: 9/4/2011
Best odds for well bet winners - bookmaker or tote?
Betting top weights - horses carrying a weight handicap of 59kg.
Punt to Win 9/4/2011
Punt to Win index
2010 Melbourne Cup Day
Winners over $10.00
Best Bookmaker Win Odds
Best Tote Odds
|Get these prices?
||Or these prices!!
||Extra Profit $10 bet
Copyright ©1998-present. OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights