The Melbourne Cup Horse Racing Betting System
This horse racing betting system selection method has consistently highlighted the best winning chances in the Melbourne Cup. Here are the tips to help you find the Melbourne Cup winner.
1. The horse should have finished no further back than fourth at its last start.
2. Look for good performers, particularly in the Caulfield Cup, Cox Plate Day and Derby Day. Last year's Melbourne Cup Winner, Shocking won over 2500 metres on Derby Day.
3. Don't ignore horses that have at least placed over 3200 metres.
4. Look for a leading jockey, preferably a jockey with local knowledge.
5. Look for trainers with a track record of success in the Melbourne Cup and big Group races.
6. If a last start winner, look for a drop in weight. Shocking was a last start winner and dropped 2.5 kg. in weight.
7. If the track is rain affected, then check that the horse has shown it can handle the going. A horse won't be scratched on Cup Day because it's raining - but after the race we'll be told, "It didn't handle the conditions."
This edition of Punt to Win:
Melbourne Cup betting tips, facts and figures
The Professional Punter's horse racing news
The Melbourne Cup horse racing betting system
Horse racing betting facts, tips & odds
Horse Watch betting system - future winners
Free horse racing betting tips package membership!
Get those betting odds
Future winners - unlucky horses
Betting favourites in small fields: Cox Plate Day - 23/10/2010
Betting favourites in small fields: Caulfield Cup Day - 16/10/2010
Betting favourites in small fields: Caulfield Guineas Day - 9/10/2010
Best odds for well bet winners - bookmaker or tote?
Betting top weights - horses carrying a weight handicap of 59kg.
Punt to Win 9/10/2010
Punt to Win index
2009 Melbourne Cup Day
Best Bookmaker Win Odds
Best Tote Odds
|Get these prices?
||Or these prices!!
||Extra Profit $10 bet
|She's Got Gears
Copyright ©1998-present. OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights