|Win at racing
Horse Racing Betting Odds
Facts & Tips
Betting facts from Randwick, Saturday, 2nd. October.
The main race of the day, the $500,000 Group 1 Epsom Handicap was won by 4YO horse Captain Sonador, trained by Roger Milne and ridden by Glen Boss. Captain Sonador started at $15.00 in the bookmaker betting ring. The $5.50 favourite, Trusting, trained by John P Thompson and ridden by Jim Cassidy, finished second by a head.
Punters betting favourites got off to a great start with wins in the first two races, but in the remaining eight races only won on $1.80 favourite Hot Danish. The winning favourites were:
1. 2YO filly Defiant Dame, $3.80 in R1, a 1000 metres 2YO Fillies Listed race. Defiant Dame was
ridden by Corey Brown and trained by David Payne.
2. 2YO colt Smart Missile which firmed from $2.30 to start at $2.10 in R2, a 1000 metres 2YO Colts and Geldings Listed race. Smart Missile was
also ridden by Corey Brown but trained by Anthony Cummings.
3. 7YO mare Hot Danish which won the $200,000 Group 2 Shorts over 1200 metres staying firm at $1.80 in the bookmakers' betting ring. Hot Danish was
ridden by Tim Clark and trained by Les Bridge.
Three favourites that started under $3.00 were beaten.
1. 6YO gelding Triple Honour. It started at $2.70 and finished third of seven over 2000 metres. Triple Honour was ridden by Glyn Schofield and trained by Chris Waller.
2. 3YO colt Retrieve which started at $2.00 and finished second by a neck to Erewhon in the $400,000 3YO Group1 Spring Champion Stakes over 2000 metres. Retrieve was ridden by Joshua Parr and trained by Peter Snowden.
3. 4YO mare Shannara started at $2.60 and finished second by a neck to Lovemelikearock in the last race of the meeting, a Mares Listed race over 1400 metres. Shannara was ridden by Corey Brown and also trained by Peter Snowden.
There were three winners which started at double figure odds. They were:
1. 4YO horse Captain Sonador in the $500,000 Group 1 Epsom Handicap. Captain Sonador was ridden by Glen Boss and trained by Roger Milne.
2. 3YO filly Secret Admirer which firmed from $21.00 to start at $17.00 in the $400,000 3YO Fillies Group 1 Flight Stakes. Best tote odds was $20.70. Secret Admirer was ridden by Brenton Avdulla and trained by Grahame Begg.
3. 4YO mare Lovemelikearock which firmed from $14.00 to start at $10.00 in the last race of the meeting, a $100,000 Mares Listed race over 1400 metres. Best tote odds was $13.00. Lovemelikearock was ridden by Jim Cassidy and trained by Anthony Cummings.
Anthony Cumming trained a winning double - Lovemelikearock and Smart Missile. Corey Brown rode a winning double - Smart Missile and Defiant Dame.
Betting facts from Randwick, Saturday, 25th. September.
Punters didn't have much luck backing the shortest priced favourites of the day with three losers from four runners. The losers were:
1. 5YO gelding Herculian Price. It started at $1.40 and finished last of five in a Group 3 handicap over 2400 metres. Herculian Prince was ridden by Nash Rawiller and trained by Gai Waterhouse.
2. 5YO gelding Thankgodyou'rehere
which started at $2.40 in a Rating 90 handicap and finished second. It was ridden by Rod Quinn and trained by Patrick & Wayne Webster.
3. 4YO mare Kiss From a Rose which also started at $2.40 in a Mares Listed handicap and finished third. It was ridden by Glyn Schofield and trained by Gai Waterhouse.
Despite three of the four shortest priced favourites losing, punters betting favourites had a winning meeting with four winners. They were:
1. The main race of the day, the $350,000 Group 1 Weight for Age George Main Stakes was won by the odds on favourite, 4YO mare More Joyous, ridden by Corey Brown and trained by Gai Waterhouse. More Joyous firmed solidly from $1.75 to start at $1.60 in the bookmakers' betting ring.
2. Yulalona, which firmed from $5.00 to start at $4.20. It was
ridden by Corey Brown and trained by Peter Snowden.
3. Decision Time, in the $175,000 3YO Group 2 Stan Fox Stakes. Decision Time started at $2.90, heavily backed from $3.50. It was ridden by Craig Williams and trained by Clarry Conners.
4. Drumbeats, which firmed from $4.60 to start at $3.90 in a $125,000 Group 3 handicap. It was
ridden by Corey Brown and trained by Peter Snowden.
There were two winners which started at double figure odds. They were:
1. Bacchanal Woman which started at $20.00, firming a touch from $21.00. Best tote odds was $19.80. It was ridden by Corey Brown and trained by Joseph Pride.
2. Secret Admirer which firmed a touch from $11.00 to start at $10.00 in a 3YO Fillies Listed handicap. Best tote odds was $10.60. It was ridden by Brenton Avdulla and trained by Grahame Begg.
As we can see from the above, Corey Brown had a day to remember, riding four winners:
Bacchala Woman - $20.00
Yulalona - $4.20
Drumbeats - $3.90
More Joyous - $1.60
While Peter Snowden had a training double - Yulalona and Drumbeats.
Betting facts from Caulfield, Saturday, 18th. September.
Punters betting favourites had a break even meeting with three winners. They were:
1. Live In Sin which firmed from $4.00 to start at $3.30. It was
ridden by Luke Nolen and trained by Peter G. Moody.
2. Avenue which started at $3.30, also ridden by Luke Nolen and trained by Peter G. Moody.
The $350,000 Group 1 Weight for Age Underwood Stakes was easily won by last year's Cox Plate winner, 4YO horse So You Think ridden by Steven Arnold and trained by Bart Cummings. So You Think was heavily backed from $1.95 to start as the shortest priced favourite of the day at $1.75 in the bookmakers' betting ring.
The other main race of the day, also worth $350,000 was the Sir Rupert Clarke Stakes, a Group 1 Handicap, won by the $4.80 second favourite, Response, trained by Mathew Ellerton & Simon Zahra and ridden by Craig Williams. Response was heavily backed from $6.00 to start at $4.80 in the bookmakers' betting ring. The $3.30 favourite, Doubtful Jack, trained by Peter G. Moody and ridden by Luke Nolen, finished a well beaten sixth in the field of 17.
The trainer jockey combination of Peter G. Moody and Luke Nolen teamed up for three wins in a row, Live in Sin, Avenue and Anacheeva which started at $10.00. Best tote odds was $13.60. Michael Rodd rode a winning double in the bookends of the meeting, the first and ninth races. The two winners were Mackadoo, trained by Murray & Bjorn Baker, which started at $10.00 and Valentine Miss, trained by Mark Kavanagh, which started at $5.00.
Apart from So You Think which started odds on $1.75 and won, there were three other favourites that started under $3.00 and were all beaten.
1. 3YO colt Altius. It started at $2.10 after firming from $2.25 and finished second of eight in the opening race, a 3YO Open Handicap over 1700 metres. Altius was ridden by Damien Oliver and trained by Tony Vasil.
2. 3YO colt Toorak Toff which started at $2.25, well supported from $2.45. It finished a close second by a long neck to Anacheeva in the $175,000 Group 3 3YO Colts and Geldings Caulfield Guineas Prelude. Toorak Toff was also ridden by Damien Oliver while the trainer was Rick Hore-Lacy.
3. 5YO gelding Moudre. It started at $2.70 and ran a close third to 6YO gelding Rainbow Styling in the Group 3 Naturalism Stakes over 2000 metres. Moudre was ridden by Craig Williams and trained by Ciaron Maher.
The winner at biggest odds for the day was Rainbow Styling which started at $14.00. $18.30 was best tote odds. Rainbow Styling was ridden by Chris Munce and trained by Michael, Wayne & John Hawkes.
This edition of Punt to Win:
Professional Punter - identifying false horse racing favourites
The Professional Punter's horse racing news
The Big Odds Big Winners horse racing betting system
Horse racing betting facts, tips & odds
Horse Watch betting system - future winners
Free horse racing betting tips package membership!
Get those betting odds
Future winners - unlucky horses
Betting favourites in small fields: 2/10/2010
Betting favourites in small fields: 25/9/2010
Betting favourites in small fields: 18/9/2010
Best odds for well bet winners - bookmaker or tote?
Betting top weights - horses carrying a weight handicap of 59kg.
Punt to Win 18/9/2010
Punt to Win
2009 Melbourne Cup Day
Best Bookmaker Win Odds
Best Tote Odds
|Get these prices?
||Or these prices!!
||Extra Profit $10 bet
|She's Got Gears
online poker rooms
Copyright ©1998-present. OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights