The Winning Jockey Change Horse Racing Betting System
Some years ago I remember watching a horse that was ridden by an average claiming apprentice jockey. It got badly held up down the straight at Caulfield when it was bursting to get out and it never got a crack at the leaders.
At its next start it was sent out at 10/1 - $11.00 odds now. I had a decent wager on it, as leading jockey Darren Gauci, who had previously won on the horse, was given the ride. The horse had an easy win - and at better odds than its previous start when ridden by the claiming apprentice.
Key jockey changes can give you a clue about what the trainer expects from the horse. When a jockey who last rode the horse to victory is put back on the horse it is time to sit up and take notice. Even more so if the horse had bad luck at its last start.
This simple system makes use of that. Here are the rules.
1. The horse's most recent jockey is replaced by a jockey who has won on the horse - preferably a jockey who last won on the horse.
2. The distance of the race is no more than 200 metres either side of that win.
3. The horse can be first up from a spell.
4. If not first up from a spell the horse must have been beaten by no more than three lengths at its last start UNLESS it had bad luck in running, was racing at the wrong distance or was out of its class.
5. Wager the horse at good odds and include it in your trifectas, doubles etc. Avoid short priced favourites.
This edition of Punt to Win:
The truth: Why the betting odds of all horses often ease
The Professional Punter's horse racing news
The Winning Jockey Change horse racing betting system
Horse racing form analysis and betting system tips
Horse Watch betting system - future winners
Free horse racing betting tips package membership!
Get those betting odds
Betting favourites in small fields plus Group 1 horse racing results: 14/5/2011
Betting favourites in small fields: 7/5/2011
Betting favourites in small fields: 30/4/2011
Best odds for well bet winners - bookmaker or tote?
Betting top weights - horses carrying a weight handicap of 59kg.
Punt to Win 30/4/2011
Punt to Win index
2010 Melbourne Cup Day
Winners under $10.00
Best Bookmaker Win Odds
Best Tote Odds
|Get these prices?
||Or these prices!!
||Extra Profit $30 bet
Copyright ©1998-present. OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights