The Wide Barrier Horse Racing Betting System
Many horse race callers and racing media tipsters perpetuate the betting myth that horses drawn wide have no chance because of the barrier. They regularly use wide barriers to explain why horses were beaten 10 lengths.
Nothing is more ridiculous. All handicappers understand that a wide barrier is not a 10 lengths' penalty!
So here is a very simple horse racing betting system selection method of finding horses that are often unreasonably at big odds just because of the barrier draw.
Here are the rules:
1. After scratchings the horse is drawn barrier 14 or worse.
2. The horse has won at the distance and also won at the track.
3. The horse must not be race favourite. Nor must it be first up from a spell.
4. Its last start must have been no longer than four weeks earlier.
5. The horse must have placed or run no worse than three lengths from the winner at its last start.
6. The horse must be carrying no more than 58kg. after allowing for apprentice claims. (Ignore this for Weight for Age races.)
7. The jockey must have won previously on the horse or be a leading jockey.
You can bring in plenty of your own additional rules. Used sensibly you will have plenty of fun with this method and get plenty of good priced winners and placegetters.
This edition of Punt to Win:
Following Horse Racing Media Tipsters' Betting Advice & Betting Tips
The Professional Punter's horse racing news
The Wide Barrier horse racing betting system
Horse racing betting facts, tips & odds
Horse Watch betting system - future winners
Free horse racing betting tips package membership!
Free sports betting package
Win betting - horse racing favourites: 21/8/2010
Win betting - horse racing favourites: 14/8/2010
Win betting - horse racing favourites: 7/8/2010
Get those betting odds
Future winners - unlucky horses
Betting favourites in small fields: 21/8/2010
Betting favourites in small fields: 14/8/2010
Betting favourites in small fields: 7/8/2010
Best odds for well bet winners - bookmaker or tote?
Betting top weights - horses carrying a weight handicap of 59kg.
Punt to Win 7/8/2010
Punt to Win index
2009 Melbourne Cup Day
Best Bookmaker Win Odds
Best Tote Odds
|Get these prices?
||Or these prices!!
||Extra Profit $10 bet
|She's Got Gears
Copyright ©1998-present. OZmium Pty. Ltd. All rights